header image

Broadway Babies

Posted by: Mark Putney | April 17, 2014 | No Comment |

By ANNIE WORSFOLD

With the musical over and Colors of Homer tied up for the year, students may be wondering what kinds of upcoming arts events they can immerse themselves in. Fear not, art lovers: there is a production happening at Wasabi’s in just two weeks, starring three phenomenal Homer High girls.

“Broadway Babies,” a cabaret starring Homer High ladies Sabina Karwowski, Sydney Paulino, and Shenandoah Lush, will be debuting at Wasabi’s April 18 and 19. The event, comprised of cool homer women singing classic musical numbers, is not only an entertaining show for the eyes, but a tasty treat for the tongue. Wasabi’s will be catering delicious sushi for attendees, making tickets a bit pricy at $35. (Premium seating is even more expensive.)

“It’s been a lot more casual and laid-back than the musical, and I’ve really enjoyed all the awesome women I’m performing with,” said junior Sabina Karwowski, who is part of the chorus in the production. “Also I get to sing ABBA. And I used to listen to that all the time when I was a kid.”

“I’m part of the chorus, who sings along with the soloists,” said sophomore Shenandoah Lush. “It has been a lot of fun, and has allowed me to learn new musical and theatre habits, as well as meet some pretty rad folks. People should definitely check it out, as it is an interactive show containing trendy Broadway and musical movie numbers. There is also going to be delightful foods and really good vibes.”

If prom wasn’t enough for you, and you’re looking for something fun and fancy the weekend after, grab a ticket for “Broadway Babies,” and have yourself a night full of sushi and entertainment.

under: Arts & Entertainment

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories