header image

A sad end: Mrs.Thompson to retire

Posted by: Tabitha Drover | February 28, 2012 | No Comment |

By:Tabitha Drover

“WHAT?! She’s retiring?! That sucks! She’s one of my favorite teachers!” Kayla Roach expressed her opinions at Mrs.Thompson retiring after this 2011/2012 school year.

Sharon Thompson, a teacher of biology, earth science, and physics, is retiring from Homer High School after working since fall 2002. “It’s time for me to retire. My children both live in the lower 48. My daughter lives Colorado with her husband. My son is in graduate school in Oregon, and I want to see them more then once a year. I’m not going to miss the paper work but I’m going to miss the kids.”

Many freshmen who are in her biology class talked about how she teaches so they can understand but also so that the classroom is constantly full of laughter. But how do her co-workers feel?

“She’s a really good teacher. She helps a lot of new coming freshman get adjusted. She also gets along well staff and everyone really likes her. She’s a really nice person. I shall miss her professionally as well as personally,” said guidance counselor Lin Hampson.

Emily Schmidt, senior, said “I’m going to miss her, but I’m happy for her. I hope she’s happy and enjoys whatever she plans to do.”

“She really helped me a lot my freshman year! It’s sad she’s retiring but I’m happy she’ll be able to go on and do the stuff she wants to,” said Adella Sundmark.

“I’m sure I speak for all of us when I say we wish her the best when she leaves,” Roach added.

under: Features

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories