header image

Review of Winter Ball!

Posted by: Tabitha Drover | January 27, 2012 | 1 Comment |

(Photo by:Mallory Drover)

Article By: Tabitha Drover

Homer High School hosted the Winter Ball on January 20, 2012. Ever since the snow started to fall kids talked in anticipation about the Winter Ball and how much fun it was going to be. During the dance teenagers that attended grabbed their dates and went to the dance floor. Even if the teenagers didn’t have a date they grabbed their best friends to dance. Although most people seemed to be having fun, did the dance live up to the teenagers expectations?

Emily Schmidt, senior, said “I thought it was pretty fun. It was nice to hang out with my friends.”

However Tiyana Hill, junior, said “I really like dances but this one wasn’t that good. The music wasn’t played that the council selected.” For junior Keoni Alfiche he thinks the music is what a dance good.

The major consensus was that the dance needed new music because most high schoolers’ did not enjoy dancing to Dubstep and wanted more familiar songs. But what kind of music would they choose if given the choice?

Keoni added, “I would want more rave type music.”  Tiyana would have liked music she could actually dance too while David Ware would have preferred Likin Park. 

under: Arts & Entertainment, Calendar

Responses -

I think the music absolutely sucked. They ought to have a song suggestion sheet like Homer Middle did! Dubstep like Skrillex is alright to dance to, but although the total grindfest thing is fun,other genres of music should be played.
I think the enjoyment of dances highly depend on music choice. I dont know if intimate dancing is frowned upon by the VP and Principal, but maybe some slow songs, or even some swing songs would be fun. Unfortunately, the anticipating Winter Ball, was disappointing. Not much worth the 10 bucks.

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories