header image

Wrestling Championship

Posted by: Kikilia | December 9, 2011 | No Comment |

By Kikilia Kojin

The end of the wrestling season is near. This Friday to Saturday at Nikiski the wrestling state championship will take place. “We are taking five wrestlers. If you look at how many are in the state, we have the potential to make top six,” Coach Chris Perk reported confidently.

The five wrestlers that are going to state are seniors DJ Marsengill and Mick Wells, juniors Mark McGregor and Joe Resetarits, and sophomore Calvin Johnson. Coach Chris Perk and assistant coach Bubba Wells will be joining them as well.

Marsengill commented “I’m hoping to place and get on the podium (top six places).  I’m excited. It my last year of wrestling and I got to do the best I possibly can. I don’t want the end to come yet. We’re going to do pretty good, at least fifteenth place. We’re a young team, but there’s been a lot of improvement.”

“We’re excited. It’s the end of the season. It’s the time to collect some hardware and make some memories. It’s a cool time to see what we can do. We have a legitimate chance to sneak into finals,” added Perk.

“It’s going to be intense. They are going to bring their A-game. There will be good and intense matchups. Everyone should come,” concluded David Woo, sophomore wrestler.

under: Uncategorized

Leave a response -

Your response:

Categories